19 January 2013

In and Out

Popping in to drop another post, nearly a month after the last. This is what's going on: Started on a 3rd game idea, a top down Zombie apocalypse recovery/rebuild game. Something in between a turn based and rts game. Decided to scrap the idea due to lack of interest and direction, just couldn't decide what I wanted to really do with it. Plus it turns out to not be an original idea anyways. So I did a little work on the Side Scroller ( Working Title: Primitives ). Got a couple cool features implemented, fixed a couple bugs here and there, and I've been turned onto another idea recently that will dissolve several other bugs I was dealing with, just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Prior to my last at-sea period I somehow also got turned onto the idea of Android programming. Honestly, I don't think PC gaming is dying, but i feel like tablets and phones are on their way to top fast, and I better hop on that bandwagon. So I started work on a little auto-paced sidescroller. The idea is sparked from playing several other sidescrollers on my phone which I dig, but just don't have the features I want, or at least not enough of them. So for now I present you my idea. (download for PC until i can afford the android license)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3iGA1KoiI7fU1lTVTNUaGRwR0U/edit

Controls are pretty simple right now, it's auto-paced so there's no need for a forward key, instead right now use:
Space - Jump (tap again for double jump)
W - Dash up
D - Dash Forward
S - Dash down
L Mouse Click - Basic attack

in the android release space will be a Tap on the left side of the screen, L Mouse Click will be a tap on the right side of the screen, W will be a finger swipe up anywhere on the screen, and so on with the other dash options. Also right now I've kept all "super powers" in the game just to try them out, but the initial release will start the player off with only jump and attack. You'll have to collect coins / power up points to purchase upgrades later on, also, the idea is to have multiple options available, instead of an up dash i may add a different upwards attack. or a long range forward attack to replace the original. Special actions (other than attack and jump) will require a form of stamina, which will have to be replaced during gameplay, by picking up some form of potion or powerup. I have way, way more ideas for this game than I've put out now, but what I have is a pretty basic, almost seamless sidescroller. Also incase it gets confusing, You can only smash through the thin buildings, not the thicker ones, oh and can we say Random Level Generator? working on different setups for different levels, have 2 basic ones right now ( buildings, and some form of cave), as well as a difficulty setting thing (adding more unbreakable blocks as well as higher "buildings", you'll see)

No comments:

Post a Comment