14 October 2012

Here we go, finally some real progress. Got the inventory system working, for the most part. You can pick up objects by pressing "e", open the inventory by pressing "i" click on picked up objects to move them around, click other spaces to move to said spaces, click anywhere else to drop the item on the ground. if i had greater than 24 items on the map, if you try to pick up too many items it would redrop it to ground. So now that inventory is done, i can add the equipped item slots/ghosting to display them on the character.

apologies for the poor spelling, lack of grammar rules and punctuation. I'm more concerned with getting the program up than i am with making this all look nice.

Rev3 today, changed the layout of the inventory to fit the screen a bit better, plus added a simple layout for equipped items. oh yeah, and crouching works again too.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3iGA1KoiI7fV0ZaNU9nMFRJNzg

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, dude! I love the Lurp-ing of the inventory onto and off of the screen. You already know about the shading of the inventory boxes, but there's one more thing I just noticed. I have a dual monitor setup, and your program fills up my primary monitor. That's actually how I like it, but the mouse cursor doesn't stay inside your program, so if I don't notice that the cursor is moving around on my second monitor (it still controls the movement like that) and click to throw, it takes focus away from your window and minimizes it. You know if there's some sort of keep_mouse_cursor_locked_in_window to set to true?

    ReplyDelete