27 October 2012

Time for a tangent

Until I regain motivation and the necessary skills to complete my masterpiece, I think i'll work on a few concept ideas to build my portfolio. This is a basic physics build for Primitives, a game about a Ball-boy, who's trying to save the world from an evil bad guy who's destroying all the little primitives. Right now it's very basic and in fact quite broken, but to give an idea of what i want it to look like and feel like, here's the basics.
   In the future it should have the ability to pick up objects, attack bad guys, create weapons, build upgrades and build autonomous robots to help you on your journey. Working title, working idea. you get the gist, here it is.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3iGA1KoiI7fQlVEQ2xpbUNqa0U

2 comments:

  1. http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/mak-physics-havent-been-this-awe-inspiring-since-blowing-up-rockets-in-high

    Hopefully not so close as to discourage you. It sounds like it only shares a couple basic concepts with what you're planning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is pretty awesome looking, a bit on the jealous side, but i guess I shouldn't be since it must've been in production for a while. I like the gravity effects and then the ability to create stuff, I guess I'll have to see how it plays in order to compare it to my idea, but again it's really only a method of improving my skills and expanding my creativity rather than something i want to take too seriously. still have some old troubles and problems with friction and gravity, some I don't know how to get rid of and work around. guess I should've expected more frustration.

    ReplyDelete